Edit the availability pattern of an activity
You can edit the availability pattern of an activity. The activity's teaching week pattern is collectively determined by the activity's availability pattern and its module's availability pattern. The days and periods that the activity can be scheduled for are determined by the activity's availability pattern, and the availability of other items that the activity is associated with, such as its required resources.
About this task: For more information about components of the availability pattern editor, see Components of the availability pattern editor.
To edit the availability pattern of an activity, follow these steps:
- In the table in the Activities pane, right-click the activity, then click Edit Activity (see 1, above).
- In the Delivery area of the Activity Editor window, click the arrow (2) in the Availability box. The availability pattern editor opens.
- Optional: Review the saved patterns (3). You can use a saved pattern directly, or modify it:
- If the Use custom availability check box (4) is selected, clear it. The list of saved availability patterns become enabled, and a pattern is selected. Note: The availability pattern defined before you clicked Use custom availability is discarded.
- Review the list of saved availability patterns to see if any are suitable for your needs. To load a pattern, click it. The Teaching Week Pattern bar and the week grid are updated.
- To use the selected pattern directly, click the close button . Else, to create a custom pattern that is based on it, select the Use custom availability check box (4), then follow the steps below.
- To edit the availability of whole weeks, follow these steps:
- To toggle the availability of a single week, click its cell in the Teaching Week Pattern bar.
- To specify a single week as available and all other weeks as unavailable, right-click that week.
- To toggle the availability of a range of weeks, click then drag from the first week in the range to the last. The availability change applied to the first week in the range is applied to every week in the range.
- To set all weeks to available, right click above the bar and between a pair of week numbers, then click Select All Weeks. To set all weeks to unavailable, click Clear All Weeks.
Edit the availability of periods within specific weeks of the teaching year.
- In the availability pattern editor, click the close button (5).
- In the Activity Editor window, click OK (6).
Note: If an activity is unavailable for a specified week, it cannot be scheduled to occur during that week.