Edit the activity layout
You can edit the format and layout of the activity cells in the timetable. For example, you can format key information in bold text, and enlarge areas that contain long data values such as week patterns.
To open the Activity Layout Editor window, follow this step:
- Click the Activity Layout button (see 1, below) on the Timetable toolbar.
To modify the current design, follow these steps:
- To add an element to the design, drag it from the property list (see 2, above) onto the design. A line or a box indicates a valid drop point. You can add the following elements to the design:
- Activity properties: for example, the Department Name property.
- Empty Space Item: An empty space that you can resize.
- Separator: An empty space that can go between sections, or reduce the size of an existing section.
- Splitter: An empty space that can go between sections.
- To move a section, drag it. A line or a box indicates a valid drop point.
- To resize a section, drag its border (3).
- To format a section, select it, then use the tools on the formatting toolbar (4) at the top of the Activity Layout Editor window.
- The Activity Type Colour checkbox (5) sets the background colour of the section. In Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager, a colour can be associated with an activity type (such as lecture or practical).
- To remove an element, drag it from the design onto the property list.
- To save the design, click the Save button (6).
To prevent unintended changes, you can lock parts of the design:
- Select one or more sections.
- Right-click on a selected section.
- Click a command in the Size Constraints menu.