Edit all variants
You can modify all the variants of an activity, and the (variant parent) activity itself too, all together in one action.
For example, suppose that you want to change an activity's type from Seminar to Tutorial, but the activity is currently represented by the following variants (for example, because the first week's activity occurs in a different location): Marketing1/04 <01-04> and Marketing1/04 <05-06, 08-12, 15-19>.
Even if you manually change the activity type of every variant of this seminar, the activity type of the (hidden) parent activity of these variants will remain unchanged. And, in practice, an activity might have several variants; making manual changes to multiple variants could be time consuming and error prone.
However, if you use the Edit all variants feature, in a single action you can change the properties of all variants of an activity. The same properties of the parent activity are changed too.
To use the Edit all variants feature, follow these steps:
- In the table in the Activities pane, right-click on any variant of the activity that you want to edit, then click Edit All Variants.
- In the Edit All Activity Variants window, make changes to activity properties, then click OK. In the image above, the activity type and description has been changed.
- Click OK. changes those properties of the following activities:
- The variant that you selected
- Its sibling variants (of the hidden parent activity)
- The hidden parent activity