Choose a day and time when the current resources are available
You can reschedule an activity and retain its current resource allocation. You can keep its current day or time, or change both the day and time.
Before you begin: In Reschedule an activity, follow steps 1 and 2, and optionally step 3. Then, click the Resources tab above the timetable area. If you have
About this task: The choice of day and time is restricted to when the currently allocated resources are available. You might receive a wider choice if you
Choose a new day and time for an activity (keeping the current resources)
To reschedule for another day, but keep the current time, follow these steps. Alternatively, you can change the time but keep the day.
- To change the day, click Search (see 1, above) beside the current scheduled day in the Day/Time row. Or, to change the time, click Search beside the current scheduled time.
Note: If the activity has in-week repetition, you can change only its start time.
- Select an alternative option from the list.
- In the bottom corner of the Resources tab, click Accept (2).
To reschedule for a different day and time, follow these steps:
- In the Day/Time row, click both Search buttons.
- In the tables in the Day/Time row, clear the selection. To deselect a row, hold down Ctrl and click the row.
- Decide whether it is more important that the activity occurs on a specific day, or at a specific time. Then, select an item from the corresponding table. For example, if the activity must occur at 11am, select that time in the Period table; the Day table displays the days that the currently allocated resources are available at 11am.
- Select an appropriate value in the other list. For example, choose a day from the Day table.
- In the bottom corner of the Resources tab, click Accept.
Result: Refer to the Result section in Reschedule an activity.