Add preset days and time to an activity
You can create a preset requirement for days and a time.must schedule the activity for days and a time that match the requirement. For example, you can specify that the activity must occur on Monday and Wednesday at 10am.
About this task: A preset requirement for a day and time consists of one or more days, a time, or both of these elements. The preset days are known as the suggested days; the preset time is known as the suggested time.
To add preset days and a time to an activity, follow these steps:
- In the table in the Activities pane, or in the timetable area, click the activity that you want to add the requirement to (see 1, above). Then, click the Resources tab (2) above the timetable area.
- Click the plus icon (3) in the top corner of the Day/Time row.
- Click the arrow button that forms the side of the days table (4).
- If a day that you want to add to the preset is not listed in the Selected list, click it in the Available list, then click the arrow button (5) that points towards the Selected list.
- In the days table, select the days (6) that you want to add to the preset.
Note: You can select multiple days. An event that occurs multiple times during a week has in-week repetition.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 for the time table.
- In the time table, select the time that you want to add to the preset.
- At the bottom of the Resources tab, click Change Requirement (7).
Result: saves the requirement, then displays it in the Requirements column.
If the activity is currently scheduled, then the preset days and time are saved, but the activity remains at its current day and time, and an Suggested Time Constraint problem is generated.