List scheduling problems
You can list the current scheduling problems; the current problem count is displayed beside the Problems / Waived button in the Status pane. After you select a problem, you can view the activities that it is associated with. Alternatively, instead of listing all current problems, you can list the problems that a specific activity has.
To list the current problems, and view the activities that a specific problem is associated with, follow these steps:
- In the Status pane, click Problems / Waived (see 1, above). In the Views pane, loads the activity filter and configures it to display the current problems. The problems are grouped by problem type.
Tip: To display only problems of some types, click the arrow (2) beside Problems / Waived, then click Filter Options. In the Filter Problems window, select the types of problem that you want to view, then click Apply.
- In the Views pane, expand a problem type (3) in the Activity Problems area. lists problems of that type.
Tip: The Description column (4) contains a detailed description of the problem. To display the whole description, widen the column or point the mouse at the description.
- To list the activities that the problem is associated with, click the problem, then click Apply Filter (5) at the bottom of the Views pane. In the Activities pane, displays the activities.
To list the problems that are associated with an activity, follow these steps:
- In the Activities pane, right-click the activity that has problems, then click View Related Problems.
Tip: To determine whether an activity has a problem,
add the Has Problems columnto the table in the Activities pane.
- In the Related Problems window, expand a problem type. lists problems of that type.
Note: The Description column contains a detailed description of the problem. To display the whole description, widen the column or point the mouse at the description.
Related reference information