Copy a scheduled activity (drag and drop)
You can copy a scheduled activity, and schedule the new activity at a specific day and time, all in one step. The new activity's property values, requirements, sequencing relationships, and student set allocations are copied from the existing activity.
About this task: Your ability to copy an activity depends on your permissions.
To copy an activity, follow these steps:
- Find the activity that you want to copy. For example, you might list the activities that are allocated to or have a preset requirement for a specified location:
- In the list at the top of the Views pane, select an item type (see 1, above).
- Optional: To help you find the item that you are looking for, you can
add columns to the table; some columns might contain data that help you identify the item that you are looking for. You can search, filter, and group itemsin the table, and you can sort the items.
- Select items in the table (2). To select multiple items, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking items. The activities that are associated with the items are loaded into the table in the Activities pane.
- In the table in the Activities pane, select the activity that you want to copy (3). In the timetable area, a red border surrounds the activity.
- Hold down the Shift key while dragging the existing activity to a different start time (4) in the timetable area.
- Blue diamonds indicate valid start times. The start times do not break constraints of the activity, of resources that are suitable for the activity, or of items that are associated with the activity such as its module or student sets. Suitable resources that you have
full permissionto use are available at these times.
- You can show times when resources that you have
request permissionto use are available. Click Request Mode(5) on the Timetable toolbar; amber triangles indicate valid start times.
- A suitable resource satisfies the activity's
requirements; is owned by or shared with the activity's department; and if the resource is a location, has a zone that matches or is part of the activity's zone, and a capacity that is equal to or greater than the activity size. Note: If the activity has a preset requirement for a resource, then only the start times when that resource is available can be valid.
Note: The resources that are allocated to it might be different to the activity that was copied. So, the new activity might not appear in the table in the Activities pane.