Change the duration of a scheduled activity
You can lengthen or shorten a scheduled activity. The allocation of resources to the activity is unaffected.
To change the duration of an activity, follow these steps:
- In the table in the Activities pane, select the activity that you want to modify.
- Decide whether you want to edit the activity's duration in some of the weeks that form its
teaching week pattern, or all weeks. Editing only some of the weeks creates variants.
Note: Green squares in the
week pattern barindicate which weeks form the activity's teaching week pattern.
- Optional: To edit only some of the activity's weeks, follow these steps:
- On the Timetable toolbar, click Variant Mode (see 1, below). The week selection in the week pattern bar is cleared.
- In the week pattern bar, click each week that you want to edit. Green squares indicate selected weeks, in which the resource allocation will change. Red squares indicate weeks in which the activity will remain unchanged.
Tip: To select a range, click then drag from the first week in the range to the last.
- In the timetable area, drag the end of the activity to a new end time. A dotted line indicates the latest end time that you can drag to.
- If you are creating variants, you might want to ensure that they will occur on the same day of the week and have the same start time. To achieve this, click Yes in the Would you like to ensure that the variants are scheduled at the same time box; displays this option only if the variants occur on the same day of the week and start at the same time. After you click Yes, creates a Same Time relationship between the variants.
Result: The activity duration changes. As a result, the number of blue diamonds that indicate other valid start times for the activity might change in number.