Add a preset resource requirement to an activity
You can create preset requirements for resources.must allocate the specified resources to the activity.
About this task: Your access to resources is controlled by the permissions that are assigned to you. So, you can create requirements only for resources that you have access to. For more information about permission levels, see Permission levels.
To add a preset requirement to an activity, follow these steps:
- In the table in the Activities pane, or in the timetable area, click the activity that you want to add a requirement to (see 1, above). Then, click the Resources tab (2) above the timetable area.
- Depending on the type of resource that you want to create a requirement for, click the plus icon (3) in the top corner of the Location row, Staff row, or the Equipment row.
- Optional: To choose from a list of resources that satisfy specific suitability criteria, select suitabilities:
- Click the arrow button that forms the side of the Suitabilities table (4).
- Move suitabilities that describe the required resources from the Available list to the Selected list. First, select suitabilities in the Available list. You can select multiple suitabilities.
- Click the arrow button (5) that points towards to the Selected list. The suitabilities move to the Selected list, and are added to the Suitabilities table. The Manual selection table is filtered.
- In the Manual selection table, select the resources (6) that you want to add as preset requirements. You can select more than one resource.
- At the bottom of the Resources tab, click Change Requirement.
Result: saves the requirement, then displays it in the Requirements column as a semicolon separated list of the required resources. Tip: If the list exceeds the width of the column, the text is truncated. To view full details of the requirement, click the plus icon in the relevant row of the Resources tab, or widen the window.
If the activity is currently scheduled and the required resources can be allocated to it,allocates the resource.
If the activity is currently scheduled but a required resource cannot be allocated,
Note: Your ability to break constraints is controlled by the permissions that are assigned to you.