To unallocate specific types of resource from scheduled activities, use the Unschedule Special function. The activities remain scheduled.
About this task: You might use this function in a scenario where resources were manually allocated to activities on a "first come first served" basis, when the timetable was under construction. Later, you might want to achieve a more equitable resource allocation. For example, you can use Unschedule Special to remove the allocation of locations, then
To unallocate resources from specific activities, follow these steps:
- Choose which activities to modify:
- To modify all the activities that are associated with an item in the Views pane, select the items in the Views pane. You can select multiple items. For example, you can select multiple modules.
- To modify specific activities, select items in the Views pane, then select activities in the table in the Activities pane.
- In the Scheduling menu, click Unschedule Special.
- In the Unschedule Special window, select the check box of the item types that you want to unallocate.
- Click OK.
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016