Search for a group of suitable and available resources
When you search for a resource to allocate to an activity, your preferred resource might not be available at the activity's current day and time, or at any time when the activity's other currently allocated resources are available. You can search for a different set of resources that are suitable, available at the same time, and include your preferred resource.
Before you begin: Follow step 1 and 2 in Manually select suitable resources.
About this task: During the procedure below, you can select a day and time. If you do not select a day or a time, chooses the most suitable available option.
To search for resources, follow these steps:
- In the Day/Time row, click both Search buttons.
- Decide which types of resource you want to find available alternatives for. Then, click the Search button in the corresponding row. For example, to search for alternative locations but keep the current staff member, click Search in the Location row only.
Tip: To search for alternatives for every resource type, click Search All at the top of the Current column.
- Clear the selection in each table in the Current column. Or if you clicked Search All, the Available column. To deselect a row, hold down Ctrl and click the row.
Note: If the activity has in-week repetition, you cannot clear the Day table.
- Decide the most important criterion in your search for a scheduling solution. Then, select an item in the corresponding table; in the Permission column, displays your permission level on each resource.
Note: Your selection influences the content of other tables. For example, if the activity must occur in Lecture Hall 1 because it is your preferred location, then select that item in the Location row; the tables in the Day/Time row display when that location is available.
The Day table and the Period table are similarly linked. If you select a day, the Period table displays only the available start times on that day.
- In other rows, select resources, days, or a time, in order of importance. Every item that you select further constrains the search.
Tip: To try different scheduling solutions, change your selections.
What to do next: To complete the resource allocation process, continue at step 5 of Edit resource allocation.
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016