Outcome of actions under request mode
Resource allocation occurs when you schedule or
Resource allocation also occurs when you click Search in the Current column of the Resources tab, select a different resource to allocate to an activity, then click Accept. You can do this in multiple rows of the Resources tab before you click Accept; each row corresponds to a resource type. Note: Your action can affect the requirement, in the following scenarios:
- A flexible requirement is converted to a preset requirement, if you select a resource that you have request permission to use.
- If the activity has a preset requirement for a resource and you select a different resource, the requirement is changed. It becomes a requirement for the selected resource.
If the allocation that occurs satisfies a preset requirement, and you have request permission to use the required resource, the following actions occur:
- A request is generated. The request can be granted by a user who has full permission to use the requested resource.
- On the Resources tab, the resource is listed in the Current column, but is suffixed with '(Requested)' to indicate that the allocation is pending. Until the request is granted, the resource allocation is not complete. can allocate the resource to another activity.
If the activity has a flexible requirement for a resource, and you have request permission to use the resource thatdetermines is the most suitable, the following actions occur:
- A request is generated. The request can be granted by a user who has full permission to use at least one of the suitable resources.
- On the Resources tab, the Current column is blank within the row that corresponds to the applicable resource type. When the request is granted, allocates a suitable resource that the granter has full permission to use.
In either scenario, the following actions also occur:
- On the Combined Timetable and Master Timetable tabs, a padlock icon is displayed on the activity in the timetable area.
- The number beside the Pending Requests (out) button in the Status pane increments.
- To see the activities that you modified and consequently have a pending request, click Pending Requests (out).
- The activity's Request Status property is set to Pending.
- The activity has an Avoid Deferred Resourcing Constraint problem.
To change your request, you must cancel it, then make a new request.
To cancel a request, select the activity in the Activities pane, then in the Actions menu, click Requests. In the menu that appears, click Cancel.
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016