Manually select suitable resources
You can search for suitable, available resources, then select which resources are allocated to an activity.
Before you begin: Follow steps 1 to 3 of Edit resource allocation.
About this task: You can allocate any suitable, available resource that you have permission to use. A suitable resource has the following characteristics:
- It satisfies the activity's suitability criteria. To display the Suitabilities table for a resource type, click the plus icon in the top corner of the Resources tab row that corresponds to the resource type.
- It is owned by or shared with the activity's department.
- If it is a location, its capacity is equal to or greater than the activity size.
- If it is a location, it has a zone that matches or is part of the activity's zone.
To determine whether a suitable resource is available,checks the resource's availability pattern and its timetable. If the activity is scheduled, the check uses the activity's scheduled day and time. If it is not scheduled, the check uses the activity's suggested day and time.
To manually select a suitable resource, follow these steps:
- To extend the choice to resources that you have request permission to use, click
Request Modein the Timetable toolbar.
- On the Resources tab in the Activities pane, click Search in the appropriate row. For example, to allocate a different staff member to the selected activity, click Search in the Staff row.
- In the Current column, a table contains the currently allocated resource and other suitable resources that are available. Perform one of the following actions:
- If another resource in the table is acceptable, click the resource.
- If the table does not contain an acceptable resource, you can
search for resources that are available at another day and time. You can choose from the days and times that the activity's other allocated resources are available. The search is no longer constrained by the activity's current day and time.
- If the table still does not contain an acceptable resource, you can
search for a set of resources that are suitable, available at the same time, and include your preferred resource. The search is no longer constrained by the availability of the activity's other currently allocated resources. After you complete the process, the activity might be allocated a different set of resources.
Result: A set of resources that are acceptable to you are listed in the Current column. The set of resources consists of the resources that you selected in tables, and the resources displayed in rows that you did not click Search in. To complete the resource allocation process, continue at step 5 of Edit resource allocation.
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016