Manually schedule an activity
You can choose a day and time to schedule an unscheduled activity for.gives you a choice of valid start times.
About this task: In the timetable area, blue diamonds indicate valid start times. Suitable resources that you have
- The activity.
- Items that are associated with the activity, such as its module or student sets.
- Resources that are suitable for the activity.
A suitable resource has the following characteristics:
- It satisfies the activity's
requirements. Note: If the activity has a preset requirement for a resource, then only the start times when that resource is available can be valid.
- It is owned by or shared with the activity's department.
- If it is a location, its capacity is equal to or greater than the activity size.
- If it is a location, it has a zone that matches or is part of the activity's zone.
To manually schedule an activity, follow these steps:
- Select an item in the Views pane, then in the table in the Activities pane, select the activity that you want to schedule.
- Click the Combined Timetable tab above the timetable area.
- Review the
scheduling preferencesand scheduling optionsto ensure that their settings are appropriate.
- Review the choice of start times.
In a timetable cell that represents an invalid start time, displays coloured bars. For more information about why the activity cannot be scheduled at that time, right-click on the corresponding timetable cell; reasons are displayed in the Reasons tab. By default, up to eight reasons are displayed; you can modify the limit.
determine which activities prevent the use of an invalid start time. For each blocking activity, identifies whether it can be rescheduled or its resources reallocated, so that it no longer blocks the activity that you want to schedule.
- Choose a start time and day, then right click in the timetable cell that represents it.
Note: A green bar behind each diamond indicates how suitable the start time is. The highest green bars indicate the best start times. For more information about the green bars, see Show scores. To hide the green bars, click Show Scores on the Timetable toolbar.
- To schedule the activity for that time, click Schedule Here.
- Alternatively, to schedule the activity at that time and set its suggested days and time property, all in one step, click Schedule Here (Suggested Day/Time). For more information about suggested day and time, see Activity properties.
Result: The activity is scheduled for the selected day and time, and allocates resources to it. It is added to the timetable of its resources, and of other items that it is associated with (for example, its module).
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016