Choose a day and time when alternative resources are available
You can reschedule an activity for a time when any suitable set of resources is available, and choose which resources are allocated.
Before you begin: In Reschedule an activity, follow steps 1 and 2, and optionally step 3. Then, click the Resources tab above the timetable area.
About this task: During the procedure below, you can select a day and time. If you do not select a day or a time, chooses the most suitable available option.
To reschedule the activity for a day and time when an alternative set of resources are available, follow these steps. Alternative resources might be available at times that the currently allocated resources are not.
- In the Day/Time row, click both Search buttons.
- Optional: By default, in steps 5 and 6, presents you a choice of resources that you have
full permissionto use. To extend the choice to resources that you have request permissionto use, use request mode.
- Decide which types of resource you want to find available alternatives for. Then, click the Search button in the corresponding row. For example, to search for alternative locations but keep the current staff member, click Search in the Location row only.
Tip: To search for alternatives for every resource type, click Search All at the top of the Current column.
- Clear the selection in each table in the Current column. Or if you clicked Search All, the Available column. To deselect a row, hold down Ctrl and click the row.
Note: If the activity has in-week repetition, you cannot clear the Day table.
- Decide the most important criterion in your search for a scheduling solution. Then, select an item in the corresponding table; in the Permission column, displays your permission level on each resource.
Note: Your selection influences the content of other tables. For example, if the activity must occur in Lecture Hall 1, select that item in the Location row; the tables in the Day/Time row display when that location is available.
The Day table and the Period table are similarly linked. If you select a day, the Period table displays only the available start times on that day.
- In other rows, select resources, days, or a time, in order of importance. Every item that you select further constrains the search.
Tip: To try different scheduling solutions, change your selections.
- In the bottom corner of the Resources tab, click Accept.
Result: Refer to the Result section in Reschedule an activity.
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016