Automatically schedule activities (Schedule Special)
Schedule Special gives you control over whether equipment, locations, or staff are allocated to the selected scheduled activities. For example, you can allocate a location to a scheduled activity without affecting the current allocation of staff. You can also choose whether the activity is added to the timetable of the student sets that are associated with it.
About this task: During scheduling, allocates suitable, available resources that you have
- It satisfies the activity's
- It is owned by or shared with the activity's department.
- If it is a location, its capacity is equal to or greater than the activity size.
- If it is a location, it has a zone that matches or is part of the activity's zone.
To use Schedule Special to schedule activities, follow these steps:
- Choose which activities to schedule:
- To schedule all the activities that are associated with an item in the Views pane, select the items in the Views pane. You can select multiple items. For example, you can select multiple modules.
- To schedule specific activities, select items in the Views pane, then select activities in the table in the Activities pane.
- Review the
scheduling preferencesand scheduling optionsto ensure that their settings are appropriate.
- In the Scheduling menu, click Schedule Special.
- In the Schedule Special window, select the check box of the item types that you want to schedule.
- Click OK.
Result: schedules the activities and allocates resources. If more than a minimal amount of processing occurs, displays a progress bar. During processing, displays an icon in the bottom corner of the window. This icon indicates that
The activity is added to the timetable of the resources that are allocated to it. The scheduled day and time satisfies the hard constraints of the activity and its associated items, such as its resources, student sets, its activity template, its module, and the institution.
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016