You are here: Use Enterprise Timetabler > Activities > Edit an activity > Components of the availability pattern editor
Components of the availability pattern editor
You can use the availability pattern editor to set the availability of whole weeks, and of individual periods within a week.
The availability pattern editor consists of the following elements:
- A list of saved availability patterns.
- The Teaching week pattern bar. Each cell of the bar represents a week of the teaching year. Weeks that are set as available are shaded grey ; weeks that are unavailable are unshaded .
- The Week Pattern for Constraints bar. The weeks that are selected determine which weeks your actions in the week grid are applied to. Selected weeks are shaded grey ; unselected weeks are unshaded .
- The week grid. You can set the availability of each period of the teaching week. For example, a staff member might be unavailable all day Monday and Tuesday, and on Wednesday morning, but available at all other times.
- Periods that are available are shaded white; periods that are not available are shaded dark grey ; periods that are available in only a subset of the weeks that are selected in the Week Pattern for Constraints bar are shaded light grey .
Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2016