Choose or create an availability pattern
You can choose and apply an existing named availability pattern, or you can create a custom pattern.
To apply an availability pattern to the selected item, follow these steps:
- Depending on whether you are using an item list or a
form, do one of the following actions. After the action, the availability pattern editor opens.
- If you are using an item list, identify the column that corresponds to the availability property. In the row for the item that you want to set availability for, click the cell in that column.
- If you are using a form, identify the row that corresponds to the availability property. In that row, click the property box.
- Review the saved patterns in the list. If an existing pattern is suitable, you can use it.
- If the Use custom availability check box is selected, clear it. The list of named availability patterns become enabled, and a pattern is selected. Note: The availability pattern defined before you clicked Use custom availability is discarded.
- Review the list of named availability patterns to see if any are suitable for your needs. To load a pattern, click it. The Teaching Week Pattern bar and the week grid are updated, in read-only mode. For information about the components of the editor, see Components of the availability pattern editor.
- To use the currently selected pattern, click on the item list (outside the availability pattern editor). The editor closes and the selected item in the list now uses that pattern.
- If an existing pattern is not suitable, you can create a custom pattern. Select the Use custom availability check box.
- To edit the availability of whole weeks, follow these steps:
- To toggle the availability of a single week, click its cell in the Teaching Week Pattern bar.
- To specify a single week as available and all other weeks as unavailable, right-click that week.
- To toggle the availability of a range of weeks, click then drag from the first week in the range to the last. The availability change applied to the first week in the range is applied to every week in the range.
- To set all weeks to available, right click above the bar and between a pair of week numbers, then click Select All Weeks. To set all weeks to unavailable, click Clear All Weeks.
- Edit the availability of periods within particular weeks. For instructions, see Edit the availability of periods.
- In the availability pattern editor, click the close button .