Delete departments, suitabilities, tags, zones, activity types, and cost bands
Depending on your permissions, you can delete departments, suitabilities, tags, zones, activity types, and cost bands.
Important: Deleting a department will also delete all items that are owned by that department, such as staff and modules. This function can significantly alter data, so as a safety measure, deletion of a department cannot be written back to SDB. If you want to change the departmental structure significantly, it is better to do so in a standalone Syllabus Plus environment and then rebuild the SDB.
To delete an item, follow these steps:
- In the main EDRDM window, find the Institution area.
- In that area, find the relevant row. For example, the Zones row. In that row, click Show. EDRDM opens a list of items.
- Click the row selection button for the item that you want to delete. To select additional rows, hold down Ctrl and click the applicable row selection buttons.
- Click the minus icon below the list. The item is removed from the list, but is not deleted from the image and the database on your workstation.
- To delete the item, click Apply. Or, to delete it and close the list, click OK.
Note: If you have not yet clicked Apply and you want to reinstate the item, click Discard; the item reappears in the list. Or, to reinstate the item and close the window, click Cancel.