Use the auto filter row
To filter the data in a table, you can enter values directly into the auto filter row. Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager builds a filter from these values.
To display the auto-filter row, follow this step:
- Right-click a column header in the table, then click Show Auto Filter Row. The row is added to the top of the table. A funnel icon is displayed beside the auto filter row.
To filter data in a table, follow these steps:
- Choose a column to filter on. If a funnel icon is displayed when you hover the mouse over the top corner of the column header, Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager can filter on the column.
- Enter or select a value in the auto filter cell in that column:
- You can type into the cell.
- You can click the funnel icon in the top corner of the column header, the select a value in the menu. You can select (Blanks), (Non blanks), or a data value.
- To create a filter condition that contains two clauses, select (Custom) from the menu. In the Custom AutoFilter window, select operators, enter values, and choose whether data must match both clauses ('And') or only one ('Or'). For example, you can specify that module size must be greater than 20 and less than 30.
- You can filter on more than one column; items that pass the filter must satisfy all the criteria. To add other columns to the filter, enter or select values in other columns' cells.
Note: After you add filter criteria, the filter is summarised in a bar at the bottom of the pane that contains the table.
To turn the filter off, follow this step:
- Click the check box beside the filter summary at the bottom of the pane. The check box is cleared and the filter is no longer applied. To turn it on again, click the check box again.
To delete the filter, follow this step:
- Click the cross beside the filter summary at the bottom of the pane
What to do next: To add an advanced level of complexity to the filter, or to edit it, use the filter editor. For example, you can create several criteria for the same column, or use different operators. See Create an advanced filter.
Scientia Ref: 3836. For Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017