Search, filter, and group items in a table
You can search tables for items that contain a specified search term, hide items that don't match filter criteria, and group together items that have the same value for a specified property.
To search, filter, or group the items in a table:
- Right-click a column header in the table.
- Select a tool from the menu. The following tools are available:
- Find Panel. You can search all text data columns for text that you enter. Matches of your search terms are highlighted in the table.
- Auto Filter Row. You can build a filter from values that you enter, or select from a list. You can use a different value for each column. See Use the auto filter row.
- Filter Editor. You can build a new advanced filter, or edit a filter that you created with the auto filter row. See Create an advanced filter.
- Group By This Column. Groups items by the values in the column that you right-clicked on. For example, you can group students by department.
Note: Some columns contain data that is of a type that these features cannot use. For example, the Suitabilities column in a table of locations.
You can load it when you next undertake a similar task. Save the filter setup.
Scientia Ref: 3836. For Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017