Receive changes made by other users
When other users send their changes to the SDB, you can use the Refresh function to apply those changes to the
About this task: Some of the received changes might be to items that you have changed in the image. If you have not sent your changes to the SDB,
To manually run the the Refresh function, follow this step:
- On the main toolbar, click Refresh .
To automatically run the Refresh function at specific intervals, follow these steps:
- In the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Options window, select the Auto SDB Refresh check box.
- To set the interval between automatic refreshes, enter or select a value in the SDB refresh interval box.
The time unit is minutes.
Note: This value also
controls the refresh reminder.
- Enter or select a value in the SDB refresh countdown box. When the automatic refresh process begins, you can choose to postpone the refresh; this setting controls how many seconds Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager waits for your input. If you do not respond, the refresh commences.
- Click OK.
- After the refresh interval has elapsed, Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager displays the "Your data has not been refreshed from the SDB" message. Perform one of the following actions:
- To immediately begin the refresh, click OK.
- To postpone the refresh, click Postpone; the next refresh will occur after the specified interval has elapsed again.
- If you do not click a button, the refresh commences after the number of seconds that you specified in Step 4.
Result: Changes made by other users are received from the SDB. In the status bar at the bottom of the Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager window, the Last SDB refresh value is updated to the current time.
Scientia Ref: 3836. For Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017