Edit the availability of periods
In the availability pattern editor, you can edit the availability of periods within particular weeks of the teaching year.
About this task: For information about the components of the availability pattern editor, such as the Teaching Week Pattern bar, see Components of the availability pattern editor.
To edit period availability, follow these steps:
- In the Week Pattern for Constraints bar, select the weeks that you want to edit period availability for. For example, you can set the period availability during weeks 1 to 5, and 10 to 15.
Tip: To select all weeks, right-click above the bar and between a pair of week numbers, then click Select All Weeks. To deselect all weeks, click Clear All Weeks.
- To set periods to available, click the white box beside the week grid, then perform one of the following actions:
- To set a single period to available, click the period in the week grid.
- To set multiple adjacent periods to available, click and drag the mouse over the periods.
- To set multiple rows of the grid to available, click and drag the mouse outside the grid, down its side. This method can be applied above the grid, to set multiple columns.
- To set periods to unavailable, click the grey box .
- Repeat steps 1-3 for weeks that you want to set different period availability for.
Note: Each week in the teaching year can have different period availability. You can edit the period availability of multiple weeks simultaneously.
Note: The more that you restrict period availability, the more difficult it will be to schedule activities.
Scientia Ref: 3836. For Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017