The Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager window
The window has three distinct areas:
- The Institution area (see 1, below) provides access to the data that underpins timetabling, course planning, and the creation of resources. For example, data such as activity types, departments, and tags. This data can be applied to many different types of items (such as activities and resources) across the entire institution, and is used to describe those items where applicable. For example, activity types can be applied only to activities.
- The Resources area (2) provides access to data about equipment, locations, staff, and pooled resources.
- The Time Constraints (3) area provides access to time based constraints, named preference patterns, and named availability patterns. You can also access constraint profiles, which bundle together constraints so that they can be collectively applied to resources.
Those areas of the window contain controls that enable you to do the following tasks:
- Open a list of items, so that you can view their properties. In the window that opens and displays the list, you can modify item details, delete items, and also create new items. Click the Show button that corresponds to the type of item you want to work with (an example is marked 4, below).
- Create new items. Click the New button that corresponds to the type of item that you want to create (an example is marked 5, below). EDRDM opens a
formthat you can enter the new item's properties into.
The Groups menu (6) enables you to create and maintain groups of items; these groups can be used in other applications for filtering purposes. For example, to see a list of location groups, click Location Groups in the Groups menu; the Location Groups window opens. In that window, you can modify the membership of each group, and you can
Scientia Ref: 3836. For Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017