Create or delete a group
After you create an item in EDRDM, you can add it to a group. Groups can be used in other applications for filtering purposes. For example, in the Views pane in , you can filter locations on their group membership. You can also use groups in Authorisation Manager to refine the scope of a permission.
In EDRDM, you can create groups and delete them.
To create a group, follow these steps:
- In the main
EDRDM window, click an item in the Groups menu. For example, to create a location group, click Location Groups in the Groups menu.
- In the window that opens, click the plus icon below the item list. EDRDM adds a row to the list and moves the text cursor to the Name box.
- Enter a name for the group.
- In the Department column, click [Select Department]. Then, in the list that is displayed, select a value (Note: the example below is from the constraint profiles window). In conjunction with the permissions that are specified in Authorisation Manager, the Department property can determine who is able to edit or delete this group.
- Enter other properties of the group. If a property that you want to use is not present,
add it to the table.
- Click the cell in the Members column, then
select which items are members of this group. Move items from the Non-Members list to the Members list.
- To save the new item, click Apply. Or, to save it and close the form, click OK.
Note: If you have not yet clicked Apply and you do not require the new item, click Discard; the new item is deleted. Or, to discard the item and close the window, click Cancel.
To delete a group, follow these steps:
- In the main
EDRDM window, click an item in the Groups menu. For example, to delete a location group, click Location Groups in the Groups menu.
- In the window that opens, identify the group that you want to delete.
- Click the row selection button for the item that you want to delete. To select additional rows, hold down Ctrl and click the applicable row selection buttons.
- Click the minus icon below the list. The item is removed from the list, but is not deleted from the image and the database on your workstation.
- To delete the item, click Apply. Or, to delete it and close the list, click OK.
Note: If you have not yet clicked Apply and you want to reinstate the item, click Discard; the item reappears in the list. Or, to reinstate the item and close the window, click Cancel.
Scientia Ref: 3836. For Enterprise Desktop Reference Data Manager 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017