Detect and resolve discrepancies
The Enterprise Course Planner dashboard indicates when discrepancies between planned delivery and real demand have occurred. You can view a list of the items that have the discrepancy and access tools that help you to resolve it.
On the dashboard, discrepancies are indicated in red within each coloured bar. The percentage number on the bar, and the number beside the bar, provide an accessible method for detecting discrepancies. For example, you can see how many modules have a high number of available spaces (see 1, above).
If a discrepancy is indicated, you can view a list of the items that have that discrepancy (3) and access tools that facilitate the necessary adjustment.
The dashboard contains several sections: Programmes of Study, Pathways, Modules, Templates, Student Sets, Students, and Activities. Each section corresponds to a type of item that you work with in Enterprise Course Planner, and contains coloured bars for discrepancies particular to that item type. Note: When data changes, the bars in the dashboard will turn grey. This change of colour indicates that the dashboard is not displaying current data. If this occurs,
For some types of discrepancy, you can define what constitutes a discrepancy. For example, you can set the threshold that characterises a high number of available spaces (2).
Filter dashboard data by department
To set the dashboard to only indicate discrepancies within particular departments, you can select one or more departments. Click the department box (4) in the toolbar above the dashboard, then
- Programmes with no modules
- Programmes with no pathways
- Programmes with too many reserved spaces
- Programmes with insufficient available space
- Programmes with too many available spaces
- Pathways with few real students
- Pathways with too many reserved spaces
- Pathways with few available spaces
- Pathways with too many available spaces
- Modules with few real students
- Modules with too many reserved spaces
- Modules with few available spaces
- Modules with too many available spaces
Activity template discrepancies
- Templates with no activities
- Templates with insufficient activities
- Templates with excess activities
- Templates with insufficient capacity
- Templates with excess capacity
- Templates with unallocated student sets
Student set discrepancies