Build programmes of study
In many institutions, the offered modules are organised into programmes of study. Each student enrols on a programme of study, rather than making an unguided selection of modules.
Each programme typically has the following structure:
- Mandatory modules. A student on the programme must study these modules.
- Optional modules. A student can choose which of these modules to study.
Some institutions might allow students to take additional modules that are of interest to them but do not constitute part of their programme. These modules are deemed elective for the student.
Important: Most institutions will have a student record system where programmes of study are defined, and a process that transfers programmes to Enterprise Course Planner. Your permissions within the application might ensure that you cannot add or delete programmes, or edit most of their properties. This section of this guide is included for users who are able to do those tasks.
To add a programme of study, follow these steps:
- Open a programme list.
- To open a list of all programmes, click Programmes in the View menu.
- To open a list of programmes that is filtered by department, click the Department box in the toolbar above the Enterprise Course Planner dashboard,
select a department, then in the Programmes of Study section of the dashboard, click Show (beside the Total value).
- You can
search, filter, group, and sortthe list that Enterprise Course Planner opens.
- Click the plus icon below the programme list. Enterprise Course Planner adds a row to the list and moves the text cursor to the Name box.
- Enter programme information into the new row. Each cell of the row represents a different property, such as Mandatory modules. For more information about each property, see Programme properties.
Note: Your permissions determine which properties you can add data for. Cells that corresponds to properties that you do not have permission to add data for are greyed.
- To save the new programme, click Apply. Or, to save it and close the programme list, click OK.
Note: The new programme is not saved to the SDB and is not visible to other users until you use click
Writebackin the toolbar above the Enterprise Course Planner dashboard.
- To close the programme list, click OK.