Group items in a table
You can group items by their value in a specified property. Then, view only the items in a specified group. For example, you can group modules by department, then expand the Accounting group to see all modules in the accounting department.
About this task: You can also create secondary groupings on values from a different property. For example, you can group modules by department, then by planned size.
To group items by a single property, follow this step:
- Right-click the corresponding column header, then click Group By This Column. The table data is replaced by a set of expandable groups.
Note: If you repeat this action on a different column, the existing grouping is not replaced; instead, secondary grouping is added.
To create secondary groupings, follow these steps:
- Right-click a column header, then click Show Group By Box. A box that illustrates the current grouping is displayed at the top of the pane.
- Drag a column header to the box; two arrows indicate valid drop positions. The diagram in the box illustrates the new grouping setup.
To remove properties from the current grouping setup, follow the appropriate step:
- To remove a single property from the grouping setup, drag it out of the group by box.
- To remove all grouping, right-click in the group by box, then click Clear Grouping.
Scientia Ref: 3800. For Enterprise Course Planner 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017