The Enterprise Course Planner dashboard
The dashboard is the starting point for all your tasks in Enterprise Course Planner:
- You can detect and resolve discrepancies between planned delivery and real demand, and filter data so that the dashboard only indicates discrepancies within particular departments.
- You can access course planning data, so that you can view, create, and edit it.
- You might create data during the requirements gathering phase of the year. For example, if new modules are added, you can create pathways that contain them.
- You can edit data at any time. For example, if students are selecting their modules but the available space on a module is already depleted, you might increase the size of the module.
- You can access tools that enable you to do course planning tasks. For example, tools that generate pathways, or allocate students to activities.
Detect and resolve discrepancies
You can detect and resolve discrepancies between planned delivery and real demand.
On the dashboard, discrepancies are indicated in red within each coloured bar. The percentage number on the bar, and the number beside the bar, provide an accessible method for detecting discrepancies. For example, you can see how many modules have a high number of available spaces (see 1, above).
If a discrepancy is indicated, you can view a list of the items that have that discrepancy (3) and access tools that facilitate the necessary adjustment.
The dashboard contains several sections: Programmes of Study, Pathways, Modules, Templates, Student Sets, Students, and Activities. Each section corresponds to a type of item that you work with in Enterprise Course Planner, and contains coloured bars for discrepancies particular to that item type. Note: When data changes, the bars in the dashboard will turn grey. This change of colour indicates that the dashboard is not displaying current data. If this occurs,
For some types of discrepancy, you can define what constitutes a discrepancy. For example, you can set the threshold that characterises a high number of available spaces (2).
For more information about this task, see Detect and resolve discrepancies.
Filter dashboard data by department
To set the dashboard to only indicate discrepancies within particular departments, you can select one or more departments. Click the department box (4) in the toolbar above the dashboard, then
Work with course planning data
You can view course planning data, such as a list of modules:
- To view an unfiltered list of items, click a menu item (Activities, Activity Templates, Modules, Programmes, Student Sets, or Students) in the View menu (6). Enterprise Course Planner opens a new window that lists all items of that type. The items that you see depend on your permissions.
- To view a list of items that is filtered by department, click the department box (4) in the toolbar above the dashboard,
select departments, then in the relevant dashboard section, click the Show button (5).
- You can
search, filter, group, and sortthe list that Enterprise Course Planner opens.
Also, depending on your permissions, you can create items and edit data:
- You can edit an item's properties directly in a list of items (1, below). Or, to use form view, select the item in the list, then click Form View (2). For more information, see Form view.
- Similarly, to create an item, click the plus icon (3) in the toolbar at the bottom of the item list to add a new row, then enter properties directly in the list. Or, you can click New within the form view window.
- Alternatively, to create an item, click New (4) in the relevant dashboard section. A form window opens.
Access course planning tools
You can access course planning tools from the toolbars that are above the Enterprise Course Planner dashboard, and above item lists.
Scientia Ref: 3800. For Enterprise Course Planner 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017