The logical place to begin planning the timetable is to consider the modules that the institution will deliver.
A module is a unit of teaching delivery, characterised by a common subject matter. The mix of activities that comprise modules can vary between modules; the following list contains typical examples. However, in every case, the broad subject matter of the activities is what binds them together as part of a module.
- A module might consist of a series of lectures.
- A module might consist of a mixture of lectures and tutorial sessions.
- A module might consist of practical activities or sessions of self-directed study.
Important: Most institutions will have a student record system where modules are defined, and will run an established process for the addition or deletion of modules. So, Enterprise Course Planner is not usually used to add modules, and it is likely that your permissions within the application will ensure that you cannot add or delete modules, or edit most module properties. This section of this guide is included for users who are able to do those tasks.
To add a module, follow these steps:
- Open a module list.
- To open a list of all modules, click Modules in the View menu.
- To open a list of modules that is filtered by department, click the Department box in the toolbar above the Enterprise Course Planner dashboard,
select a department, then in the Modules section of the dashboard, click Show (beside the Total value).
- You can
search, filter, group, and sortthe list that Enterprise Course Planner opens.
- Click the plus icon below the module list. Enterprise Course Planner adds a row to the list and moves the text cursor to the Name box.
- Enter module information into the new row. Each cell of the row represents a different module property. For more information about each property, see Module properties.
Note: Your permissions determine which properties you can add data for. Cells that corresponds to properties that you do not have permission to add data for are greyed.
- To save the new module, click Apply. Or, to save it and close the module list, click OK.
Note: The new module is not saved to the SDB and is not visible to other users until you use click
Writebackin the toolbar above the Enterprise Course Planner dashboard.
- To close the module list, click OK.
Scientia Ref: 3800. For Enterprise Course Planner 3.12 to 3.13. Copyright © Scientia Ltd. 2017